AEM BUILDING and CONSTRUCTION are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and their talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the business.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- To ensure that every employee is entitled to a work in an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- To ensure that training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- To continue to promote equality in the workplace as it represents good management practice and sound business sense.
- To review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- That breaches of our equality policy may be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings or action.
- That this policy will be fully supported by senior management and has been agreed with trade unions and/or employee representatives.
- That the policy will be monitored and reviewed annually in accordance with legislation.